Bustarfell museum is one of the few remaining turf farms in East Iceland. It is located in Hofsárdalur in Vopnafjörður. The farmhouses were originally erected in 1770 but has undergone many changes through the years. The lodgings were inhabited until 1966. Since then they have been under the protection of the National Museum of Iceland. Bustarfell is a very active hertiage museum today and on special occasions worksops are set afoot to commemorate ways and workmanship of days of yore. A hiking path takes visitors to the “Stone of the Elf lady”, the source of a legendary tale.